Get Moving Kentucky
Offered in conjunction with the Mercer County Cooperative Extension Service, this walking program is offered annually in the Spring and provides structure and incentives for those interested in improving health through physical activity. Free.
Places to Walk in Mercer:
- Harrodsburg Baptist Church/ROC (Recreation and Outreach Center) Indoor Walking Track. Open 8-5 weekdays. For more Information call 859-734-7004. Located on South College Street. Fee $10/year
- Anderson-Dean Park. Located at1501 Louisville Rd, just north of US 127 Bypass. 2 mile paved walking track surrounds park area. Open during daylight hours year-round. Free.
- Springhill Cemetery. 529 North Greenville Street. Open during daylight hours.
- Shaker Village of Pleasant Hill. 3501 Lexington Road, Harrodsburg. Entrance fee not required to use hiking trails.
- Fort Harrod State Park. South College Street Harrodsburg. Open daylight hours. Free
- Harrodsburg Walking Tour. The map starts at Diamond Point, 488 Price Avenue in Harrodsburg and tours historic homes and buildings on municipal sidewalks. Free.
- Devine's Corn Maze, 623 Talmage-Mayo Rd. Open September through October 31st. Walk through the maze. Admission fee.